The T-Cross Breeze is the first convertible SUV in the Polo class
The T-Cross Breeze concept car offers a first look at a newly developed SUV model series.
In future, the Tiguan and Touareg will be joined by three more SUV model series.
Ten key facts – the T-Cross Breeze in keywords
- The striking, fresh design of the T-Cross Breeze offers the first exciting look at an entirely new Volkswagen SUV.
- The T-Cross Breeze concept is a progressive SUV with the added appeal of a modern soft-top convertible.
- In the T-Cross Breeze, SUV and convertible blend to become a cool, affordable compact car.
- The T-Cross Breeze showcases extremely dynamic body proportions and crisp, short overhangs.
- With the T-Cross Breeze, T-Roc, Tiguan, Tiguan XL, mid-size SUV and Touareg the new and growing Volkswagen SUV range is taking shape.
- Volkswagen aims to make its mark in every class with stylish and charismatic SUVs such as the exciting new T-Cross Breeze.
- The four-seat T-Cross Breeze is equipped with an interactive cockpit and a next-generation operation concept.
- Touch-sensitive surfaces and newly developed “by-wire” solutions replace conventional switches and buttons.
- A 300 W BeatsAudio™ sound system makes open-top cruising an acoustic pleasure, too.
- The T-Cross Breeze is powered by a highly efficient 1.0 litre TSI turbo petrol engine with an output of 81 kW/110 PS.
In brief – the world premiere of the T-Cross Breeze
Wolfsburg/Geneva, March 2016. The new T-Cross Breeze will take centre stage on the Volkswagen stand at the 86th Geneva Motor Show. “This open-top Volkswagen enhances the world of compact cars with a completely new attitude to automotive life”, says Dr Herbert Diess. With this, the Chairman of the Board of Management Volkswagen Brand gets to the core of the bold theory behind this concept car, which celebrates its world premiere at the Geneva Motor Show. The Volkswagen Brand Chairman continues: “Our T-Cross Breeze is the first open-top SUV in its class and, at the same time, an affordable, cheeky cabriolet with a raised seating position that gives you a perfect view.” With this concept, Volkswagen underlines the fact that the brand is blazing a trail and making mobility more of an experience than ever before. Herbert Diess: “At the moment the T-Cross Breeze is purely a concept, but we can well imagine putting such a convertible on the market as a production model. An affordable fun car that is also entirely suitable for everyday use. A genuine ‘People’s Car’.” And so the concept car, which is equipped with an 81 kW/110 PS 1.0 litre TSI (turbocharged direct injection petrol engine), gives a glimpse of a new model series. Klaus Bischoff, Head of Design for the Volkswagen Brand, explains: “The T-Cross Breeze is a teaser for the most compact sport utility vehicle that Volkswagen plans to make – and the nucleus of a new SUV and convertible design in the compact sector.”
New Volkswagen. “The T-Cross Breeze reflects the new start of our brand”, says Klaus Bischoff. “We want to stir enthusiasm for ‘New Volkswagen’. In this instance we are doing that with an unprecedented vehicle concept in this class; a completely redesigned cockpit and design that is equally crisp and expressive. We have pulled out all the stops and put what is surely one of the most exciting four-metre SUVs of the modern day on its wheels”, the Head of Design explains. This is why the world premiere of the new T-Cross Breeze at the Geneva International Motor Show (1 - 13 March 2016) heralds a radical reorientation for the design of compact Volkswagen cars.
Article source: www.volkswagen.co.uk