The Volkswagen zero-emission van opens the window to 2019
BUDD-e gets the Internet of Things, and thus the whole world, on board
BUDD-e is the first concept car based on the new MEB Modular Electric Drive Kit
Interactive and networked world of infotainment opens a window to the year 2019
Ten key facts - The BUDD-e in keywords
- The zero-emission van is the first Volkswagen concept car based on the new Modular Electric Drive Kit (MEB).
- BUDD-e has electric four-wheel drive; the front electric motor produces 110 kW, while the rear motor produces 125 kW.
- The energy content of the battery (92.4 kWh) enables a range of up to 233 miles (EPA estimated real-world driving range) or 533 kilometers (NEFZ).
- With the BUDD-e Volkswagen creates a new human-machine interface (HMI) as a pioneering instrument and operating concept.
- The Active Info Display and head unit (infotainment system) merge into an interactive world.
- BUDD-e demonstrates the car in the Internet of Things. Smart Home allows you to access your home from the car.
- Using a tablet and the Volkswagen Travel App it is possible to program songs to start exactly at specific points on your route.
- Gesture control 2.0 allows the car to be operates intuitively. Even the doors can be opened with a gesture.
- The multifunction steering wheel's new touch system corresponds with the HMI and makes operation more intuitive than ever before.
- Clean design breathes the brand's history, while simultaneously setting its sights firmly on the immediate future.
To the point - The world premiere of the BUDD-e
Wolfsburg / Las Vegas, January 2016. Volkswagen is opening a gateway to the future at the CES in Las Vegas. The time machine: a zero-emission vehicle - the avant-garde BUDD-e minivan. The first model based on an equally new and progressive Volkswagen technology matrix for electric vehicles. The van's range: up to 233 miles (USA/FTP 72) or 533 kilometers (Europe/NEDC). And BUDD-e also has charisma with its iconic design. A Volkswagen that breathes the brand's history, while simultaneously setting its sights on the immediate future with precise clarity. And it is as networked as possible, making BUDD-e a mobile interface between the world on board and the outside world. The car in the Internet of Things. With access to your home - Smart Home - or your workplace. Equipped with next generation Infotainment to turn travel into an interactive experience. BUDD-e offers a completely new method of operation and information processing. Everything is more intuitive than ever before. Touch and gesture control merge seamlessly; switches and buttons are a thing of the past; individual displays blend into large infotainment panels; analog mirrors are replaced by digital screens. The matrix of these new, interactive infotainment and operating systems gently launches passengers aboard the Volkswagen concept car forward - to the end of the decade.
Article source: www.volkswagen.co.uk